Accessing the conference site
How to get to Platanias
- From Chania Airport to Platanias: Platanias is 11 km from Chania, and you get there by taking the National Road from Chania to Kissamos. It’s a major tourist destination and there are detailed signs, so don’t worry about missing the exit from the National Road to the Platanias resort.
- From Souda Bay Port to Platanias: This is exactly the same route as that from Chania Airport. From Souda, exit onto the Rethymno-Chania National Road. Don’t enter Chania itself or you’ll get bogged down in traffic.
- Getting to Platanias by bus from Chania Airport: There are no direct buses from Chania Airport to Platanias. You have to change buses in Chania.
- Getting to Platanias by bus from Chania: If you haven’t got your own transport, there are regular local buses to and from Chania every day. Especially in the summer, there are plenty of buses all day long until 10 p.m.
- Getting to Platanias by car from Chania: From Chania town centre, take Kissamou Avenue, which leads to the coast road to Platanias. It’s an easy route and you can’t get lost